Construction Safety Week 2019
KKCS keeps safety in mind at all times but especially during Construction Safety Week.
As you know, a great many of our KKCS employees work at construction sites and on rail lines and those can be dangerous places to work. While there are safety procedures that are in place, it is up to each of you to make sure that you comply with all safety procedures and requirements and report to the proper supervisor/authority when you witness something that is unsafe.
The top 10 most violated OSHA standards:
- Fall protection (construction)
- Hazard communication standard (general industry)
- Scaffolding general requirements (construction)
- Respiratory protection (general industry)
- Electrical, wiring methods, components, and equipment (general industry)
- Powered industrial trucks (general industry)
- Ladders (construction)
- Control of hazardous energy, lockout/tagout (general industry)
- Electrical systems design, general requirements (general industry)
- Machinery and Machine Guarding general requirements
While not all of us work on construction sites, there are many injuries and accidents that occur inside of offices and many can be prevented by using common sense. We value all of you and want you to be safe and have provided tips elsewhere in this newsletter. We care about your safety and want to make sure that you do too! Let’s all please keep in mind that we have a duty to keep ourselves and coworkers safe.